WHAT: Six federal agencies have created a series of interactive seminars designed to educate small businesses about export opportunities and how they can be used to grow their businesses, grow the economy, and create jobs. At each event, attendees will learn about the government products and services that are available to help them succeed in the global marketplace.
(See ‘Agenda’ for sample program outline)
WHEN/WHERE: Each half-day seminar will begin at 8:30 AM and will conclude at 1:30 PM.
Optional one-on-one sessions for attendees will be available between 1:30 PM and 3:00 PM.
- New York, NY Monday, Oct. 5
- Boston, MA Tuesday, Oct. 6
- Miami, FL Monday, Oct. 26
- Houston, TX Tuesday, Oct. 27
- Detroit, MI Monday, Nov. 9
- Chicago, IL Tuesday, Nov. 10
- Los Angeles, CA Monday, Nov. 16
- Seattle, WA Tuesday, Nov. 17
- Export-Import Bank of the U.S. - Fred P. Hochberg, Chairman and President
- U.S. Department of Commerce - Secretary Gary Locke
- Small Business Administration - Karen Mills, SBA Administrator
- U.S. Trade & Development Agency - Leocadia I. Zak, Acting Director
- Office of the U.S. Trade Representative - Ambassador Ron Kirk
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation - Dr. Lawrence Spinelli, Acting President
Marketing efforts will target ‘export-ready’ small businesses that have either just begun to export or are looking to export in the future. A coordinated joint-marketing effort to reach these businesses is underway and will include all of the agencies listed above, federal/state/local government partners, third-party organizations, and paid advertising.
REGISTRATION: For more information or to register, please visit www.export.gov/exports_live or call toll-free 1-(888) 966-2009. (Space is limited)
MEDIA/PRESS: Events are ‘Open Press’. (Press inquiries please use registration contacts listed above)