The University of California Merced Small Business Development Center (UC Merced SBDC) requests for proposals (RFP) for the following regions: Kern County Region; Salinas Valley Region; and, San Luis Obispo County Region. The purpose of the RFP is to solicit proposals for the selection of a contractor to operate a Small Business Development Center in the areas listed.
The mission of the SBDC is to provide quality management and technical assistance for existing and potential small businesses resulting in success for the entrepreneur and sustainable economic growth and prosperity for all Central Californians.
The benefits for serving as a SBDC include the following:
- Direct and measureable economic impact in the local community
- Visibility for the organization within the community and region
- Opportunity to provide outreach from the organization to small business in the service area
- Increased partnership opportunities between the organization, other academic institutions and economic development organizations in the state and service area
- Opportunity to strengthen learning opportunities for small businesses and entrepreneurs
Funding from federal sources